I realize it seems pretty ridiculous.
Having to re-do our front deck so that we can get licensed as Foster Parents. But that’s just the way it is so we do it joyfully knowing that it brings us one step closer to our next child.
We started this project back in late February…..
Sadly, the deck demo was entirely way too easy.
Which goes to prove that it needed to be re-done anyways.
Ryan told me that it would take 1 day to complete.
I didn’t believe him.
I was trying to take a picture of the pile of disposed lumber – this little squirt jumped into my picture….I wish he was in focus – so rare that he photo bombs pictures.
2 Days into the project, this is where we were.
I recruited Rusty to help (this was before they moved in with us).
The key point for our inspection was that the vertical posts had to be a certain width from one another - you know, so our teenager doesn’t stick their head in between them and get stuck.
After we got everything built, we took a break on finishing the deck till about 2 weeks ago when we kicked it into high gear knowing our health inspection was coming up.
It was finished this past Saturday.
Fully equipped and ready with 5 chairs (for our 5 family members).
I really can’t say that I did any of the work on this. Sadly, there was one Sunday when I had to work at 2pm and I sat in a chair in the driveway reading a book before I left for work while everyone else living here (the other 9) painted.
My point being….my husband is a rock star. He did an awesome job.
And – our inspection was today…..and we passed!
One step closer to #3 and a fabulous new deck to boot!